2011년 3월 30일 수요일

Both sides of design.

   I am a graphic designer. Graphic design is very huge and interesting part of design. Design is compose a lot of part, for example fashion, product design, car design, editing, UI (usual interface), BI (brand identity) etc. Especially graphic design is biggest part of design. As you know, advertisement, book, name card, brochure, booklet all of these are included in graphic design. Design looks very impressive but It also very hard. How come? I will talk about both sides of design.

   Have you ever seen "The devil wears Prada" or "A single man" ? It shows bright side of design and designer. They are really fancy and their life is interesting. As a result, it is true. But it allows the only few people. Only 1-2% designers are very popular and influence. Sometimes they campaign for world peace or against the war. I think it is one of most effective way to solve worlds facing problem. However, It is totally hard. When I was working in design company, I couldn't sleep 2-3 days a week. Everyday I worked with computer, I saw my monitor 24hours. It made me very weak. I had gone hospital to get an IV every couple weeks. But biggest problem isn't it. Most dark side of design is stress. Design needs the most creative item and market wants newest item also. We can find good example from early death of designers

   Nevertheless, I love this job. Making something creative is really fantastic. I can handle main theme in my work and make ingenious thing. Most of all, I feel thrill and excitement after working. Sometimes my advertisement displayed on billboard at main street of  Seoul, the book published with my name. I want be famous designer but it is not the only reason. I want be effective designer for world and people.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기